The 12th century BC consists of the years 1200-1101 BC.
- 1180 BC. The Philistines, part of the Sea Peoples confederacy originally from Greece, arrive in SW Canaan.
- 1177 BC. Gideon dies, Abimelech proclaimed king of the tribe of Ephraim. Abimelech kills his 70 brothers. (Judges 8:29-9:57)
- 1176 BC. Tola judges Israel (Judges 10:1-2)
- 1153 BC. Jair judges Israel (Judges 10:3-5)
- 1131 BC. Israel turns to idolatry, is oppressed by the Philistines and Ammonites. Jephthah defeats the Ammonites (Judges 10:6-11:40)
- 1126 BC. Jephthah fights the tribe of Ephraim (Judges 12:1-8)
- 1125 BC. Ibzan judges Israel (Judges 12:8-10)
- 1118 BC. Elon judges Israel (Judges 12:11-12)
- 1108 BC. Abdon judges Israel (Judges 12:13-15).
- 1100 BC. Samson judges Israel (Judges 13-16).
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times