The 21st century AD consists of the years 2001-2100.
- April 2, 2005 - Pope John Paul II
- December 8, 2012 - John Gowans retired General of The Salvation Army
- Pope John Paul II makes a series of apologies to non-Catholics.
- 2000 - The Salvation Army begins work in Macau.
- September 11, 2001 - Islamic Al Queda terrorists, directed by Osama bin Laden, hijack four airplanes in the Eastern United States. Two are crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, one crashes into the Pentagon in Washington, DC, and the other plane crashes into a field in Pennsylvania. Thus begins the War on Terrorism.
- October 7, 2001 - An international coalition led by the United States invades Afghanistan, defeats the Taliban, and occupies Afghanistan.
- 2002 - Jesuits initate the Church in the 21st Century program in response to Catholic priest sex abuse scandals.
- August 13, 2002 - American Catholic bishops issue a joint statement, "Reflections on Covenant and Mission," with leaders of Reform and Conservative Judaism, which affirms that Christians should not target Jews for conversion.
- 2003 - United States-led invasion of Iraq.
- 2004 - The Salvation Army begins work in Lithuania and Romania.
- 2005 - The Salvation Army begins work in the Falkland Islands and Poland.
- April 19, 2005 - Cardinal Joseph Alois Ratzinger is elected Pope, takes the name Pope Benedict XVI.
- 2007 - The Salvation Army begins work in Greece, Burundi and the Commonwealth Of The North Marianas Islands.
- 2008 - The Salvation Army begins work in Namibia, Mali, Kuwait and Mongolia.
- 2009 - The Salvation Army begins work in Nepal.
- 2010 - The Salvation Army begins work in Nicaragua, Sierra Leone and the United Arab Emirates.
- 2011 - The Salvation Army begins work in the Solomon Islands, Togo and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- 2012 - The Salvation Army begins work in Cambodia and Greenland.
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times
|21st century (2001-2100)|
|2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018|