The 6th century BC consists of the years 600-501 BC.
- March 16, 597 BC - Babylonians capture Jerusalem, replace Jeconiah with Zedekiah as king. Judah becomes a vassal of Babylonia.
- 587 BC- 538 BC. Babylonia conquers Judah; Babylonian Captivity begins.
- 539 BC. Persia conquers Babylonia
- 538 BC. Persian king Cyrus the Great allows Jews to return to Judah, ending the Babylonian Captivity.
- 520 BC–516 BC. Some Jews, led by Sheshbazzar, a prince from the tribe of Judah, and Zerubbabel, a descendant of David, begin to rebuilf the temple. However, there work is stymied by Samaritans Ezra 4 4-6.
Kings of JudahEdit
- (Babylonian Captivity)
- Jeremiah, 628 BC - 586 BC
- Daniel, 606 BC-530 BC
- Ezekiel, 592 BC - 570 BC
- Zechariah, 520 BC-515 BC
- Haggai, 520 BC
- Joel, c. 501 BC (latest date)
- Kings: E. R. Thiele, The Mysterious Numbers of the Hebrew Kings.
- Prophets: Wikipedia, 1 & 2 Kings
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times