The second day of April.
- 33 - Maundy Thursday, the Last Supper (traditional date). Jesus gathers in an upper room for a meal with his disciples, and institutes the Eucharist.
- After the supper, Judas Iscariot approaches the high priest and betrays Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. Meanwhile, Jesus gathers the remaining eleven apostles and prays in the Garden of Gethsename. The apostles fall asleep.
- 999 - Pope Sylvester II becomes the first French pope.
- 1285 - Election of Pope Honorius IV
- 1899 - Eugenio Maria Giuseppe Giovanni Pacelli (later Pope Pius XII) is ordained as a priest.
- 2011 - Linda Bond assumed office as General of the Salvation Army.