The eighth day of December.
- 1075: Pope Gregory VII writes a letter accusing King Henry IV of the Holy Roman Empire of breaching his word and with his continued support of the excommunicated councillors
- 1869: First session of the First Vatican Council opens.
- 1962: First session of the Second Vatican Council adjourns.
- 1965: The Second Vatican Council is formally closed.
- 1932: Eusebio Oscar Cardinal Scheid of Brazil, Archbishop of Rio de Janeiro
- 1973: Archie Wayne Mangold II, CKB bureaucrat
- 1903:Herbert Spencer, English philosopher who applied the theory of evolution to sociology. Spencer is known as the father of Social Darwinism.
- 2012:John Gowans retired General of The Salvation Army.
- Apostle Apollo Acts 18:24-25