The first commandment requires us to worship the one true God alone. However, the people of Israel were often tempted to worship false gods. Some of these false gods may be demons (1 Corinthians 10:14-22), although others may simply not exist. However, many christians do respect the beliefs of followers of other religions.
DISCLAIMER: If you follow any other religions, please do not continue further.
Various false gods are mentioned in the Bible:
- Golden calf? (Exodus 32; 1 Kings 12)
- Ba‘al Zebûb "Lord of the Flies" (1 Kings 1:2-16); = Beelzebub (Matthew 10:25, 12:24-27; Luke 11.15–19; Mark 3.22)
- Dagon (Judges 16:23; 1 Samuel 5; 1 Chronicles 10)
- Marduk (Jeremiah 50:2)
- Nebo/Nabu (Isaiah 46:1; Jeremiah 48:1)
- Artemis: Acts 19 (worshiped in Ephesus);
- Hades (also a reference to Hell, or to the afterlife in general).
- Zeus: Acts 19:35