The twenty-third day of October.
- 4004 BC: According to James Ussher and many Young Earth Creationists this is the day the universe was created.
- 502: A synod called by Gothic King Theorodic the Great rules that Pope Symmachus (accused of fornication and other crimes) cannot be tried by any human court; rather, Symmachus' judgment was in the hand of God alone.
- 1392: Pope Boniface IX appoints Salamon de Metasia de Sabaduchio, a Jew in Perugia, to the papal household, and grant him papal protection.
- 1925: José Cardinal Freire Falcão, later Archbishop of Brasilia and a member of the College of Cardinals.
- Saint Giovanni da Capistrano
- Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- Saint Anthony Mary Claret
- Saint Ignatius of Constantinople