Prehistoric life is conventionally defined as being lifeforms that became extinct before the development of human written histories. Despite the supposed extinction before written history, many Christians feel that these organisms are mentioned in the Bible.
- The Behemoth is sometimes thought to be a species of Dinosaur.
- Miscellaneous references to "dragons" and "noisome beasts" are occasionally thought to be dinosaurs.
- The "Fiery Flying Serpents" in the Book of Numbers are sometimes thought to be Pterosaurs.
- The Leviathan is sometimes thought to be a Plesiosaur.
- Some have speculated as to whether or not the fish that swallowed Jonah was in fact a Dunklosteus.